Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Our TWO year old

When I became a parent, I never ever though about what it was going to be like to go through ‘terrible two’s’. I guess I just couldn’t think that far ahead. I was too in love and just wanted to enjoy each and everyday, one day at a time with my precious daughter.

Zoe didn’t start her ‘terrible two’ stage until about a month or so ago. I thought Shelli and I were in the clear. Zoe has always been a sweet and calm baby for the most part. I don’t know what happened-- ha! This child of mine sure likes to PUSH the limits. Her favorite words consist of, “NO”, “I DON’T WANT TO”, “I CAN’T”, “LEAVE ME ALONE” and “COME ON” couple that with whining all the time, and fits of unprovoked crying, you’ve got the terrible two’s. She has remained very loving but her mouth has not!

I love to watch Zoe grow and I love going through all the different stages of parenthood however this has been a trying time for all of us. If she is off her schedule, she is out of control. Patience is key during this phase. Every parent has their days when they just want to close the door and scream as loud as they can. It’s just the way it is.

All in all, in my eyes, my child is perfect even on a bad day. I to this day feel I gave birth to her and the love I have for her is like no other. I feel that Zoe and I have a special bond. One that can never be broken! I hope I will have the same bond if and when we have a second child.

A not so happy Zoe... IN TIME OUT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Zoe sure can get nasty but then she usually says she's sorry and she melts your heart. Love my Duti.