Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Busy Bee

Shelli and I got a lot done today. We are glad it’s almost done; this has been a grueling process. Not only is moving not enjoyable but, we miss Zoe so much!

Zoe is having so much fun at her Nana’s house. Her email today says: “Mom & Mimi, We had another busy day! After breakfast we went outside and planted an upside down tomato and I planted my flowers all by myself. We found some earthworms and played with them for a while. It was fun watching them wiggle in my hands then we put them back in the ground so they could find their way home. It has been a hot day so we took a break, had lunch, a short nap and then we went outside to feed the birds and put water in the birdbath. Then for the serious stuff, we planted some fruits and vegetables. Nana dug the holes and I filled them with potting soil. When we finished planting them we watered all the flowers and vegetables and called it a day. While our supper was cooking we had fun watching the pretty birds from the kitchen window. After supper we watched Sponge Bob and I could hardly keep my eyes open. I am ready for bed. Love you and miss you.”


Gardening at Nana's


We took a break to watch American Idol tonight. It was extremely touching. Shelli and I are looking forward to the day Zoe is old enough to do some ‘mission’ work with us as a family. I have always been a big advocate for volunteering and I hope by exposing Zoe to it early that she too will learn to have compassion for those who are less fortunate. I’ve always enjoyed doing and giving to those less fortunate and I’m always looking for ways to help. I can remember being in Jr. High volunteering at the local children’s hospital with my cousin. Then at the holidays I would go to Camillus House to help serve Thanksgiving dinner to the homeless folks at the shelter. Every time I walk into a facility to volunteer, the first person I think about is my mom. I always wish she were right there with me. She enjoys volunteering as much as I do.

It’s late and I’m so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open. I think I’m catching a cold. No time for getting sick, we’ve got another 2 days of packing and cleaning!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh god, I feel for you two. We've moved WAY too many times and I've sworn it off for good (for the record: we SWEAR we will never move again without movers). The thought of moving, now that we have the boys, is truly horrific. I feel your pain. I hope you can get to Zoe on Saturday, as planned. However, I am still in mourning that you're leaving at all. You're counting the days 'till you leave. We're counting the days 'til you return. ;)
Love, Heather (and Braydon, and Kyle, and Owen)

JessiKat said...

Man, I remember when Nana and I used to do that stuff. My very first memory is of Nana pulling my in my wagon in the garden at our house in Ga. I wish I could be closer and spend more times with you guys.
Love you!
Jessi