There was no school Thursday or Friday (Valentine’s Day) – and
we were snowed in most of the two days. Shelli had to work so Zoe and I spent
the day watching movies, playing in the snow, napping, and catching up on homework.
First thing in the morning, we exchanged ‘gifts’. Zoe was
excited to give Mimi the special gift she picked out all by herself. Mimi and I
got Zoe a cute stuffed dog (that she named Valentine), some new PJ’s and a
small box of chocolate. We are not huge fans the whole candy idea. This year,
Zoe told me to pick something I wanted and she would buy it for me with her own
money. Shelli helped her and I got a beautiful silver bracelet with hearts on
it. I felt super special. Shelli and I
were going to go to a vineyard for a wine and cheese tasting and then out to
dinner, but the weather didn’t cooperate.
I didn’t feel like cooking and going somewhere fancy where
we had to ‘get dressed’ was absolutely out of the question. With that said, we
stayed local so not to get stuck on the roads and instead opted for Chinese
food. Of course we were all in our jeans, hoodies, and baseball caps when we
sit down at the restaurant and our waiter is one of my students from work! I was so embarrassed because we all looked
crazy. I told Shelli it’s impossible to
go anywhere now without running into one or two of the kids from school. They
work all over town, and there is just no way around it. That’s what happens
when you work at the local High school. The only person who gets a hoot out of
it is Zoe. She thinks it’s so cool!
When we got home, Mimi made us all ice cream cones and we
cuddled on the couch and watched TV until it was time for bed. It was a great
Valentine’s.




No comments:
Post a Comment