The past week has been a whirl-wind! Between Shelli and I working, trying to get everything out of one house and moved into another, and making what seems like a million trips to Home Depot a day, I’d say things are starting to look almost normal.
We should be out of the ‘old’ place by this weekend – fingers crossed! We have been slowly meeting all the new neighbors. We’ve received lots of “Welcome to the neighborhood” goodies. Everyone has been so kind. I didn’t think things like this really existed. Today, the folks from across the street walked over to introduce themselves and brought homemade cookies. It’s such a warm feeling to have people stop by just to say “Hi!”
Yesterday, the kids had ½ day of school so when Zoe got home she couldn't drop her book bag inside fast enough to get next door to play with Stephen & William. Their mom made them all peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with fruit while Shelli and I did our best to get stuff done. It’s like we’ve lived here for years. I’m looking forward to getting things DONE so we can enjoy the neighbors and the neighborhood.
1 comment:
It's a HUGE blessing to have awesome neighbors. So happy for you guys. Can't wait to come visit! Miss you! xoxo
Post a Comment