Sunday, September 1, 2013

Uncle Henry and Delaware River


We had a really nice holiday weekend. Uncle Henry came up to spend sometime with Zoe. We picked him up at the airport Saturday and went to check out a really neat pizza place in Philly for lunch called Pizza Brain. (http://www.pizzabrain.org/ ) Attached to the pizza place was a very unique ice cream shop called Little Baby’s (http://www.littlebabysicecream.com/ ) which we tried for dessert. Overall, it was an extremely pleasant experience and I’m sure we will go back again and do it all over again.

Sunday we woke up to a huge thunderstorm and kind of put us behind on our day. We had plans to meet up with our friends to tube the Delaware River for the very last time this summer. We debated going because of the weather but the rain stopped, so we decided to go for it. I’m sure glad we did because we had the time of our lives. The kids were in ALL their glory and watching them was more fun than the actual ride down the river. It took us about 4 hours to get from point A to point B and I think if it were up to the kids, they would have stayed on the river another 4 hours.

It was a great way to end the summer break. Mimi took Henry to the airport this afternoon. Zoe never wants him to leave!


1 comment:

Val said...

I can see that you all had a blast.