Friday, June 28, 2013

Blueberries 101


This morning we picked blueberries with Mamaw & Pop Pop. We’ve picked all kinds of fruits and veggies in the past but this is our first time picking blueberries. We filled three containers full of deliciously sweet blueberries. We made sure we tried to pick the ones that were the ripest. Zoe would pick 5 blueberries and eat 3, pick 4, eat 2, and so on and so forth. Her container took forever to fill up but I couldn’t blame her for ‘testing’ the goods.

As we were walking to the car, Mamaw says, “We need to make a blueberry pie.” Yeah buddy, that sounded like a perfect idea. I didn’t have pie crust so I quick called Dana and she picked up a pie crust and headed over for some baking.

I’m going to be sad to see my parents go. We’ve had a really good time and it’s never enough time.



No comments: