Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's

When Zoe got home from school today, we tried to get through homework as fast as we could. We wanted to get the festivities started. Once homework was done, we looked through all of the Valentine cards Zoe got at school, and opened our little gifts we had for each other. 

 Zoe was super excited to give Mimi the gift that was picked out special for her. Zoe got Mimi a HUGE Valentine card along with Mimi’s favorite chocolate treat, Turtles.  Zoe had that card under her bed for days and colored it daily until it was just the way she wanted it. I, on the other hand got one of my favorite things in the whole wide world… Chocolate covered strawberries!  As hard as it was to share, I did manage to give up a few! 

 I didn’t get Zoe candy because I don’t think she needs it. My parents always send her little sweet packages and my mom is really good about not sending her too much candy but Zoe still gets her fair share and my her Mamaw never misses a holiday!
Valentine’s is the one night I would never risk going out to eat at a restaurant, let alone with a child, it’s just too much! Instead, it makes much more sense to stay in and make a yummy dinner. When I asked Zoe what she wanted for her special dinner, she replied, “LOBSTER”. We ran up to the grocery store to see what we could find and it just happened they had lobster tails on sale. We also made sweet potato mashed potatoes and a huge salad. Zoe cracked into that lobster like a champ. She was grinning the whole time. I love to watch her dip the lobster in the butter and eat every bite with gusto!

 Zoe even went all out and made a fancy Valentine dessert. She wanted to pull out her Easy Bake stuff out she got for Christmas and try it out. She made the cutest cakes! 
 Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: