A little history on me….. When I was 10, my parents bought me a horse. I was completely and utterly in love with anything to do with horses. It was my life, my world, and my favorite thing to do in the whole wide world. I lived for weekends to ride my horse! Watching Zoe today reminded me of all the fun I had growing up with my horse. Miami isn’t the typical place to own a horse but about 10 miles from my parents house, behind a silver gate with a small padlock, were acres and acres of open land where I spent every free second I had. Sure, I had to muck stalls, clean my tack, and all the other things that came along with owning a horse but, it was worth it all. Of course, my dad did a whole lot to help me too. Okay, he probably did most of it but, I still had my share of ‘chores’ I had to do.
Watching Zoe climb on that horse today gave me goose bumps. She was a natural, got right up on that horse (yes, a horse, not a pony) without any fear and took total control. We could hear the instructor telling her all the essential items, and Zoe did really well directing the horse, her posture, and even her '2-point'. All the way home, I was testing her making sure that by her next lesson, she will know the answers. “What do you put your feet in? Stirrups!” “What do you hold in your hands to control where the horse goes? Reins!” What is it you sit on? Saddle!” "What do you call the hair on the horses neck? Mane!”
She had a blast and can't wait to go back, and I can’t wait to go back either. It sure makes me want to re-live my horse days all over. The farm where she is taking the lessons is beautiful. They have roosters and chickens running around, pigs, ducks, cats, goats, and of course horse everywhere. I am so proud of Zoe. She was fantastic.




1 comment:
Oh wow, that looks like Zoe has a lot of fun. Little girl big horse. She isn't scared of anything is she?
Post a Comment