Zoe has always had some kind of ‘chore’ from the time she was old enough to know how to do them. She, like most kids must make her bed every morning and make sure all her toys are picked up before going to bed. Those are just givens.
Most recently, the newest chore is unloading the dish washer. She only does the silverware (because that is all she can reach and it's all I trust her with at this point – Glass is not an option!) BUT, she loves doing it.
I love having her in the kitchen with me. I was always in the kitchen with my mom and that is where we’ve had some pretty in-depth conversations. Tonight, Zoe and I were unloading and she looks at me and says, “One day I will be putting up dishes for my kids!”. Whoa! Slow down Zoe, let’s get through kindergarten before we worry about kids! We looked at each other and both started laughing!
The things the two of us talk about when we are alone are priceless. We could go on and on for hours about everything and anything! Those are the moments I treasure most.
Most recently, the newest chore is unloading the dish washer. She only does the silverware (because that is all she can reach and it's all I trust her with at this point – Glass is not an option!) BUT, she loves doing it.
I love having her in the kitchen with me. I was always in the kitchen with my mom and that is where we’ve had some pretty in-depth conversations. Tonight, Zoe and I were unloading and she looks at me and says, “One day I will be putting up dishes for my kids!”. Whoa! Slow down Zoe, let’s get through kindergarten before we worry about kids! We looked at each other and both started laughing!
The things the two of us talk about when we are alone are priceless. We could go on and on for hours about everything and anything! Those are the moments I treasure most.

No comments:
Post a Comment