With school starting very very soon, Zoe was in need of a new book bag. She wanted something ‘special’ and I can’t think of any book bag more special than one from LLBean.
Tonight, after work we went to LLBean to check out all the book bags. Zoe looked at them all, touched them all, and tried them all on. Out of the gazillion bags they had, she picked a cute pink one. Once we picked the color, we had to then pick the lettering that was going to be embroidered on the back of her backpack. “ZRP”. This was very serious business. Zoe looked at all the different fonts (several times) before picking the one that she liked best. I mean it’s not everyday you start a BIG kid school!
Once we left LLBean, we had worked up quite an appetite. We stumbled across this place called Pandinis, it was so good. Zoe and I shared a Vegetable Sandwich -
Market fresh spring greens with mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, red onions and shredded mozzarella with balsamic dressing, with a side of amazing Parmesan garlic fries.
After dinner, we walked over to Barnes & Noble where we came across the most perfect book (staying in theme for the night) “Look out Kindergarten, here I come!” Zoe and I sat down on the little chairs in the kid section and read this book, page by page, discussing how her first day is going to be just like the book talked about. She seemed really excited. Not only did she get the book bag she wanted but also, we just read the coolest story about starting kindergarten. How’s that for a Friday night? We sure know how to have fun!
I cannot believe Zoe is going to be in kindergarten AND taking a bus. Wow! It’s so much to digest. I know one thing for sure, she is very excited and tells me all the time that I have to let her ‘grow-up’. Be that as it may, you can’t blame me for wanting to hold on to each and every moment. She is growing up so fast but I love the person she is growing up to be. I’m one lucky Mommy!
1 comment:
Zoe is getting so big. Must have been hard to choose a bag back they really have a lot.
Post a Comment