Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ready or Not?!?!

Tomorrow Zoe starts kindergarten! I’m no where near ready to walk her to class, hang up her book bag, and then hope and pray she gets on the right bus that will take her to her daycare. Kindergarten here is everyday but, it’s only a few hours a day, but nonetheless, Zoe is very excited. She has been talking about it non-stop. I on the other hand, cannot believe my baby is starting elementary school.

I’ve stayed home with Zoe for the past 4 years so, trying to get adjusted to going back to work full-time and now her starting school just seems so overwhelming. I can’t help but to want to hold on to ‘those days’. I don’t regret going back to work in the least. I enjoy my job and I was ready to go back. It’s just not having all the time I want with Zoe that makes it so hard to digest.

This afternoon, we got her book bag all ready for school, picked out the outfit she was going to wear, and of course we talked about how she thinks her 1st day is going to go. As she was packing up her bag with all her new school supplies, I couldn’t help but to choke up. Where is the baby I was feeding and rocking in the hospital? The baby I couldn’t take my eyes off of through the glass window on the labor and delivery floor? The only mom not in a robe and slippers, but, just as in love and proud as the other new mom’s standing next to me looking at their newborns through the glass window.

Tomorrow will be harder on me than Zoe but, I’m so joyful that she is so excited and ready to start this new journey. She has been so wound up all day knowing she is going to school tomorrow. I’m not sure she will even be able to relax enough to fall asleep tonight. Heck, if she can’t sleep she can stay up with me because let’s face it, I won’t be sleeping either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks so ready to go. Is she getting bigger by the second?
Hope all 3 of you have a great day.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love her hair!!