Since I’m a HUGE holiday person, of course I want my kids to love it as much as me. I can’t say Halloween is my favorite holiday but, it’s the first holiday of the fall and the kids love it.This morning we carved pumpkins. Sure, the boys are probably a little to young to get the full concept but, that doesn’t stop me from experiencing the whole thing with them. I figured we’d try and make the best of it. First up, Zoe, and she is a pro. She threw her hands into the pumpkin pulling out all the gooey guts with one thing in mind --- ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS. The boys were unsure about the whole thing. They were more worried about getting dirty than getting in the pumpkin and enjoying the moment. I had to tell them over and over again that it was okay to get dirty!
Shelli, Dana, & Karen took their time and picked out very cute stencils while I went out on a limb and did ‘freehand’. You can tell who didn’t have a stencil, that’s for sure! At the end of some serious carving, the kids all took a break and had some Halloween cupcakes.
Lots of fun stuff planned in the next couple months. I can’t wait!



No comments:
Post a Comment