As this week comes to an end, Mamaw is starting to pack up for her journey home this weekend. It’s been 8 days of non-stop action. I don’t think my mom had a clue just how tired she was going to be at the end of 8 days with three active kids. She’s been up every morning at 6am. It It seems like there is always something that needs to be done from the second the kids get up until the second they go to bed at night. It’s a bit overwhelming but Shelli and I are so used to it -- we just get up and go-go-go! My mom on the other hand who is used to being retired and has been a grandmother to only one child for the past 4 years is exhausted. This wasn’t much of a vacation for Mamaw but, the kids had a blast with her and so did I. She was a champ and I couldn’t be luckier to have her for my mom.
As tired as all of us were, we still made a few ‘girl’ outings while the boys were in school. It’s so much fun for us girls to go out and have a ‘girl day’. We went shopping, out to lunch, and we even made a stop at Rita’s for ice cream. It gave us time to talk and Zoe time to have some quality time with her Mamaw. The boys are in school a few days a week so the days they were home; we did tons of fun stuff with them too. Mamaw did art projects, color and number games, puzzles, movies, books, etc. My mom is so good about playing fun learning games.

As tired as all of us were, we still made a few ‘girl’ outings while the boys were in school. It’s so much fun for us girls to go out and have a ‘girl day’. We went shopping, out to lunch, and we even made a stop at Rita’s for ice cream. It gave us time to talk and Zoe time to have some quality time with her Mamaw. The boys are in school a few days a week so the days they were home; we did tons of fun stuff with them too. Mamaw did art projects, color and number games, puzzles, movies, books, etc. My mom is so good about playing fun learning games.




This afternoon, after the kids got up from their naps, they went outside to ride bikes and skate. Christian isn’t too fond of the whole skate idea but Zoe and Luis didn’t skip a beat. They went up and down the sidewalk – both doing very well. Christian watched from the sidelines.



By the time it’s time for the kids to go to bed, Mawaw and I are not far behind them. We are just as tired as they are!
1 comment:
I was going to say that I love the reading photos. Then I realized I love them all. What great memories.
How's the potty training go? All set with that?
Erin
Post a Comment