Everyone was off school today so I took the boys for a surprise visit with their sister, Layla. We met Beth, who is Layla’s foster mother at Chick-fil-A for a morning of playing. The boys had no idea we were going to see Layla, so when they saw her through the car window, they went nuts!
I think it's very important for the boys to have quality one on one time with their sister. Even though the kids all attend the same school, they are not in the same class so there is never any real playtime where they can interact with each other. This process isn’t easy for anyone, especially the kids who have no idea what has happened to their 'family unit' Kids need to be able to just be kids and enjoy each others company.
I’ve grown pretty close to Beth through this journey. Beth and I like to get caught up on what the kids have been up to at home, and just talk Mom stuff. It's wonderful to see the kids interact, not to mention a 'built-in' support system from someone who's on the same journey. Today was a perfect way to start of the Easter weekend!
I think it's very important for the boys to have quality one on one time with their sister. Even though the kids all attend the same school, they are not in the same class so there is never any real playtime where they can interact with each other. This process isn’t easy for anyone, especially the kids who have no idea what has happened to their 'family unit' Kids need to be able to just be kids and enjoy each others company.
I’ve grown pretty close to Beth through this journey. Beth and I like to get caught up on what the kids have been up to at home, and just talk Mom stuff. It's wonderful to see the kids interact, not to mention a 'built-in' support system from someone who's on the same journey. Today was a perfect way to start of the Easter weekend!



No comments:
Post a Comment