Saturday, February 2, 2008

Paperwork… COMPLETE

I finally finished all the paperwork required by the state to start our journey into the foster/adoption world. It took me forever to get all the paperwork competed. There were tons of questions, dates, references, addresses, phone numbers, doctors, schools, police dept., etc. needed to complete the paperwork but I’m pleased to announce, it’s done and in the mail. The next step is to sign up for the mandatory classes given by the state.

We have been asked if we are requesting a particular “kind of child”, ie age, race, gender. The answer is yes, and no. The only thing we asked for was a girl and for her not to be much (if any)older than Zoe. We wanted them to be close in age. That was the only ‘requirement’ Shelli and I really cared about. Our main goal at this point is to open our home to a child who needs a soft place to fall in a not so safe world. We are not in a rush to adopt until we find the perfect match for everyone involved. We’ve spent numerous nights talking about expanding our family and when we ask Zoe what she thinks she says, “Yes! Let’s do it!”

We will keep everyone posted!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I think this is a great idea! I wish you guys the best and if you need anything, you know you can always count on me! :D